Tinnyunt Tales

Sunday, February 19, 2006

2005 Xmas - Jervis Bay

For xmas this year we decided to head down to Vincentia, near Hyams Beach in Jervis bay for a week in paradise. Beutiful white sandy beaches, excellent snorkeling and bushland walking. Me and Lou went down in the company car (thanks Mardar Management) and we shared a house with Q, Kate, James, Tanya, Matt and Inngunn. A group of other riff raff came down from Sydney to crash at the house for a few days including Dec, Caz, Sven, Carly (mate) Reed, Gavin and Kelly.

Hyams Beach is a secluded settlement on the southern shores of Jervis Bay, about 2.5 hours drive from Sydney. The village is surrounded by National and Marine Parks and the beach is said to have "the whitest sand in the world"
The exceptionally clear waters of Jervis Bay are ideal for fishing, swimming, snorkelling and diving. The surrounding bushland is home to many native animals and an abundance of bird life.

This picture was taken at a beach just South East of Hyams Beach at a liitle bay called Summercloud Bay it is only a small quite beach but is amazing for snorkeling along the sides.



Xmas Dinner - Aussie style




For xmas lunch this year we had the usual Australian food that goes with the extreamly hot climate. i.e fish, prawn's, salads, cold beer and cold beer and prawns and more cold beer.


Xmas Poker

The last night at the house was late night poker night. $10 in. James the lucky pikie came out $60 up! Obviously he had stashed some lucky heather somewhere on his pe

rson or it may just have been plain beginners 'gypsy' luck!

Xmas Top 40 2005!

Here is the official run-down of this years top forty and a look at a few peoples top 5 (or more).

Kieran’s Top 5

1. Suspicious Minds - FYC version as opposed to Elvis
2. Better Days - Jimi Polo
3. Drop The Pressure - mylo
4. unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack
5. Superstitious - Stevie Wonder


Carla’s Top 5


1. Gadjo - So Many Times
2. UB40 - Red Red Wine
3. Tweet - Boogie 2nite (dancy version please)
4. Soul Central - Strings Of Life
5. Prince – Kiss
Can i have 2 more please....

Galvanize - Chemical Brothers
Greece 2000 - Three drives

Crazy Cazy’s Top 5
Wolfmother - Minds Eye
Roots Manuva - Awfully Deep
Kasabian - (George not sure of the name but it's the doof doof one)
Gorilaz - Dare
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl


Lou’s Top 5
Arrested Development - Everyday People
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot (and I seriously do!)
The Source - You Got The Love
Soul 2 Soul - Keep on Moving
Eddie Grant - Electric Avenue

Gypsy James’ Top 5

Hard-Fi - Feltham is singing out
Bloc Party - Banquet (phones disco edit)
Amerie - 1 thing
Doves - Black and white town
The bees - chicken payback

Kate’s Top 5 –(plus 4 – Extra from last year)

No 1 and I don't know the name George as I said but I have the CD I think its - You Give me life ,and it goes
' ahhhhhhhhh ! you're always there when I close my eyes ...... ' ER anyway !!!!!! reason - a beautiful wedding in Centennial Park a happy day with the massif .

Happy - Max Sedgely - a wicked night with the Nextmen and the massif

Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra - dancing in the sunshine , Good Vibes I think

La Ritournelle - Sebastian Tellier - a crusty weekend in the Isle of wight
I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston - one of my fave songs of all times , and we heard it in the car after whale beach

Ain't No Body - Chaka Khan - Just because !

Finally - Kings of Tomorrow - an old friend

Destiny - Zero 7 - driving and singing

Good Luck - Basement Jaxx - a Top hot night in London


Deco’s Top 5

My 5 songs are (in no particular order )

1. Gorillaz - Feel good inc. goes something like "shicka shicka shicka hu hu, shicka shicka shicka hu hu, shicka shicka shicka hu hu........."

2 Everything but the Girl - 25th December. Not really one of my favorites but it is a Chrismas type song as given away in the title. And I heard it some time this year.

3 James Blunt - You're Beautiful. Picking this because I spent the last 6 months slagging this bloke off because he sings like a bitch..

4 Bodyrockers - I Like the way you move - Have you ever heard one of those songs where like it is so wrote about you. Well this is sooo about me.

5 Mr. Mister - Broken Wings.. - This is in because everyone else gets to pick a daft song of some sort.... And I think at some stage this year I sang along to it full blast with a hair brush in my hand in front of the bathroom mirror..


Q’s Top 5 Tip!

Sebastian Tellier - La Ritournelle (An Unfinished Symphony (Massive Attack) for the 20th Century)

Ben Watt feat Estelle - Pop A Cap In Yo Ass (For all those who got wet at Good Vibrations)

Strings of Life - Soul Central (One of the best nights ever in Sydney with Andy Ward and non of you were there

2 more to research......



Ingunn’s Top 5

Hi there, here are my top .....8.... 1. deep dish, awake enough 2. royeksopp, poor leno 3. Goldie, Inner City Life 4. klf, what time is love 5. u2, ultraviolet 6. red hot chilli peppers, zeyphy song 7. roni size, sound advice and,,, 8. a-ha sun always shines on tv Thanks George!!


Timmys Top 5

Bloc Party - Banquet (Phones Mix)
Doves - Walk In Fire
Hard-Fi - Cash Machine
Oasis - Keep The Dream Alive
Paul Weller - All On A Misty Morning

I also have a nice sample of me beating Franks around the head with his own shoe while he begs for mercy from the 55 year old next door neighbour who is dancing to The Who while walking on his chest in stilettos. Let me know if you want it George


Jen’s Top 5

If I'm not too late. I think it's Jazzy J? and Lincoln Park. In the endwith the rap version in the beginning?
Boulevarde of Broken Dreams - Green Day
From Paris to Berlin...and every disco I get in - Justa recent top one on the charts I'm sure you know.Don't know the artist
Crazy English Summer. An oldie I think, but only discovered this year for me. and Good night moon from the Sound track of Kill Bill 2 Cheers

Ings top 5

Sorry for the delay...Here's Ings

1. Ananda Project feat Gaelleadisson. Cascades of Color.

2. Insomnia - Faithless

3. Peter Farley - Big Love

4. Simple Minds. Don't You Forget about Me

5. Dubtride Sound System - Do It now

These 5 songs were pick because Ing never goes out and dosen't hear new music


Q’s Final 2

If you haven't already finished the master piece, my final two are:

Stardust - The Music Sounds Better With You - 2005, 10 years of Radio 1 in Ibiza

Royksopp - What else is there - An anthem for 2006?

A late entry from Gav (Irish), was Arcade Fire - not sure what song - so i had a load played.



George’s Top 5

Roots Manuva – Too Cold (Great to see them live, Great new album)
Damian Marley – Pimpas Paradise (Nice remake of a Marley classic!)
Eskimo Joe – From the Sea ( Gotta give the Aussies one track out of 100!)
Hard-Fi - Hard to Beat (this one could be!)
Gorillaz – Dare (Sean Ryder’s vocal incapability’s – he couldn’t manage to sing ..“it’s there”. It could very well be!

.Seeing as I stayed up late compiling this shit I think I’ll have some more!:

Bloc Party – Like Eating Glass (Best new sound of 2005)
The Magic Numbers – Love is Just a Game (Surprised no-one else picked them)
The Killers – Mr Brightside, Thin White Duke Mix (by the re-mixer of 4 to the Floor!)
Lemon Jelly – Stay with You (Wicked Samples, Hoping they will Tour Australia in 06)
Gill Scott – Golden
Athlete – Wires (bit depressing – but nice)
Rosin Murpy – If we’re in love
Razorlight – Golden Touch
Arctic Monkeys – I bet you look good on the dancefloor! (These guys have a big chance of Xmas number 1 in UK – Not in Aus though – fookin Shannon Noll!
Oasis – Live Forever ( I know it’s not 2005 but that was the song they were playing when I entered the Hordern – as it soaks you to the bone!……Best sing-along concert of 2005.
Kaiser Chiefs – I predict a riot (Quite appropriate for the time –especially if you live near Cronulla)
The Specials – Ghost Town (seeing as Deco didn’t stay to the end to see them do it live)
The Doors – Break on Through (The Nextmen dropping it!)
Jamiroquai – Seven Days in Sunny June (A top show in the park – Aussie version of a sunny day of June in UK)
Four-Tet – Everything is alright (nice bit of folky sampling – ohh arrr!)
ACDC VS Missy Elliot – Back in Black - Best Mash up 06!

And the actual top 5 were........



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home